John Mauldin joined CMG Capital Management Group, Inc. in 2018 and serves as Chief Economist of the Advisor and co-portfolio manager of the Mauldin Smart Core Strategy.
Mr. Mauldin is a noted financial expert, a New York Times best-selling author, a pioneering online commentator and the publisher of one of the first publications to provide investors with free, unbiased investment information and guidance – Thoughts from the Frontline. John Mauldin has long been helping individual investors and institutions better understand the forces driving the global economy and financial markets.
Together with Mauldin Economics, Mr. Mauldin proudly hosts the Strategic Investment Conference, an annual gathering of some of the world’s most brilliant economists and analysts. Additionally, John’s books have appeared on the New York Times best-seller list four times and include Endgame: The End of the Debt SuperCycle and How It Changes Everything, Bull’s Eye Investing, Code Red and Just One Thing.
Thoughts From the Frontline – A free unbiased newsletter that began as John’s way of sharing his thoughts with a few associates. Some 16 years later, it is one of the most widely read investment newsletters in the world. To sign up for John’s free weekly newsletter click here.
Strategic Investment Conference (SIC) – Together with Mauldin Economics, John proudly hosts the SIC, an annual gathering of some of the world’s most brilliant economists and analysts. The top-notch line-up in recent years has included thought leaders like Jeffrey Gundlach, Mark Yusko, David Rosenberg and Niall Ferguson. To learn more about the SIC conference click here.
Best Selling Author – John’s books have appeared on the New York Times bestseller list four times. John has authored six books and is currently working on a new project that will analyze the key global trends that will shape the next 20 to 30 years. John has authored the following books:
- Bull’s Eye Investing: Targeting Real Returns in a Smoke and Mirrors Market
- Endgame: The End of the Debt Supercycle and How It Changes Everything
- Code Red: How to Protect Your Savings from the Coming Crisis
- A Great Leap Forward?: Making Sense of China’s Cooling Credit Boom, Technological Transformation, High Stakes Rebalancing, Geopolitical Rise, & Reserve Currency Dream
- Just One Thing: Twelve of the World’s Best Investors Reveal the One Strategy You Can’t Overlook
- The Little Book of Bull’s Eye Investing: Finding Value, Generating Absolute Returns and Controlling Risk in Turbulent Markets
John is a frequent speaker at conferences around the world and is a sought-after contributor to numerous financial publications, as well as a regular guest on TV and radio. He currently lives in Dallas, Texas and is the proud father of seven children, five of whom are adopted.